Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald

"You lie! You're an impostor!"
"Nice way to welcome a newborn child," he complained in a weak voice. "Tell him he's wrong, why don't you?"
"You're wrong, Mr. Button," said the nurse severely. "This is your child, and you'll have to make the best of it."

This is very likely the shortest adult book I have ever read. Seeing as it was made into a movie, I had expected it to at least reach the hundred page mark, but it ends at a mere fifty-two. It's so short that the note on the cover informs you that it was the "inspiration" for the movie, rather than what the movie was adapted from.

Seeing as it was such a short read, I had expected that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button would be quite an easy read. In the literal sense, I was correct, but I disliked it so much that it made it a bit difficult.

Despite the fact that I truly enjoyed The Great Gatsby, I was surprised at how incredibly dull and hard to believe this story was. By its end, I was extremely glad that Fitzgerald had chosen to keep the tale short. Dragging it out even further would have been much harder to trudge through.

I wouldn't recommend this book. It has no redeeming value at all within its pages. I won't bother reading this ever again and you can bet that all chances of my seeing the motion picture have gone out the window.

Rating: ♥

The process was continuing. There was no doubt of it -- he now looked like a man of thirty. Instead of being delighted, he was uneasy -- he was growing younger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment