Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Friday, November 2, 2012

Reread November

*Edit (11/11/12): So I got four books into this challenged and realized I wasn't going to be able to do it. There are too many books I'm dying to read just sitting on my shelf and I'm not interested enough in these rereads to read them as quickly as I would have liked to. So instead, I'm going to start rereading one book every month from now on. You'll see more of this in the future, but that's my compromise. This way I don't feel like a complete idiot for proposing this idea. Well, I'd better go read The King of Attolia now . . . 

I literally have thirty-nine books overflowing a specifically designated shelf and continuing atop my barely used television set in my room right now that I either own or have checked out of the library. These are all books that I haven't yet read and am eagerly awaiting to read.

Regardless of that fact, and the fact that many of those library books will have to be returned within the month, I've decided to declare this month "Reread November."

In other words, I've been itching to reread some old (and not so old) favorites of mine, but I've been so busy reading all my new ones that they've been neglected and it's about time I cracked open their spines once again.

So I've decided to set aside ten books of my choice that I have already read and would like to read again during the month of November. Hopefully, these won't be the only books I read this month (because I still have quite a lot to read if I want to reach 100 books this year), but I'd like to finish these first. I figured that setting a time aside to reread them would encourage me to do just that.

These are my choices:
1. Or Give Me Death by Ann Rinaldi
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
4. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
5. Dovey Coe by Frances O'Roark Dowell
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
7. Emma by Jane Austen
8. Paper Towns by John Green
9. Girl in a Cage by Jane Yolen & Robert J. Harris
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I won't read them in any particular order, but I'm more than excited about getting started on these.

Are you rereading any books this month? If so, I'd love to hear which ones you chose and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment