Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An Explanation of Booklist That

When I was researching colleges for English majors a few years back, I learned something quite interesting. At Oxford college, English majors are required to read 100 books per year. I found this particularly fascinating. One hundred books? I'm known for being a fast reader, but 100 books? Surely that was impossible.

Challenge accepted.

Now I'm not stupid enough to assume that I would succeed in my first year of trying. In 2009, I read 30 book. In 2010, I made it to 32. This year, I shot for 50 and am currently halfway through number 55 with 4 days to go. I think I'll shoot for 75 in the year 2012.

Besides being an avid reader, I adore writing. I mostly enjoy fiction, but I'm frequenting the blogging "scene" lately. That probably has something to do with my having forgotten my journal when I moved, but  we can overlook that for now.

Anyway, I've decided to combine my tendency to keep my nose deep in a good book and my adoration of the written word in this blog: Booklist That. This is basically where I'm going to post reviews of the books I read. Hopefully, I can work to improve my writing and share those opinions I seem to never run out of all in one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment